Business | Franchise | Employment | Litigation
Shareholder / Operating
Agreements Miami, Florida
Let Us Know How We Can
Miami Shareholder / Operating Agreements
Shareholder Disputes In Miami
Shareholder Operating Agreements In South Florida
Shareholder Rights Investigations, Breaches and Lawsuits Attorney Serving All Florida (Office in Miami) – How We Help Shareholders:
- The rights and obligations of majority and minority shareholders, officers, and directors
- Understanding corporate procedures and compliance, voting, resolutions, and other procedural issues
- Conflict resolution, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration
- The need for proactive procedures to ensure officers and directors are behaving in good faith and in the best interests of the corporation
- How to deal with unfair or illegal actions, fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, trade secrets, and unfair competition
- Employment questions, including compensation, severance, pension benefits, stock plans, and more
- Defending and protecting your rights as a corporate shareholder
- Handling shareholders’ derivative lawsuits
- Conducting inquiries into the protection of rights as shareholders
Contact Trembly Law for More Information on Shareholder Law
Get in touch with our office today to learn more about how we can help ease your shareholder agreement concerns. The Trembly Law Firm will assist you in drafting the correct and proper shareholder agreement once and for all.
Basic Overview of Shareholder / Operating Agreements
At the Trembly Law Firm, we have significant experience dealing with shareholder operating agreements in the Miami area. We can help clients develop workable shareholder agreements which can minimize the probability of shareholder litigation.
Disputes Occur Often in Miami
Corporate Litigation & Derivative Rights
One of the most essential aspects of a shareholder agreement is that it upholds shareholder rights at all times. In some cases, shareholders may feel as though their rights were not upheld by the corporation, because of either misbehavior or bad faith, and this can lead to litigation. This type of litigation is referred to as derivative rights litigation, and this was precisely what we saw in the recent Norwegian Cruise Line case.
How Trembly Law Firm Can Help Shareholders
An ideal shareholder operating agreement creates a sort of “middle ground” which has some flexibility, but is also strict enough that disputes are not likely to arise lightly. If you create an agreement which is overly strict, you may end up becoming unattractive as a prospect to future investors. On the other hand, your agreement needs to create some predictability so that shareholders have common expectations about how the company will operate. If there is too much room for misinterpretation, disputes may arise.
Trembly Law is pleased to be able to offer assistance in the following ways regarding shareholder operating agreements:
- Defending the rights and obligations of shareholders, both majority and minority, as well as officers and directors
- Understanding the various procedural and compliance issues in corporate settings
- Resolving conflicts by assisting with negotiation, mediation and arbitration
- Developing proactive measures to guarantee that all corporate officers are acting in good faith
- Addressing instances of potential illegality, fraud, bad faith, breach of fiduciary duty, confidentiality violations and unfair competition
- Employment-related issues, such as severance packages, pensions, stock compensation plans, and so forth
- Assisting with derivative rights lawsuits
Contact Trembly Law Firm Today
Frequently Asked Questions
South Florida Business Attorney Brett Trembly addresses commonly asked business law questions in his Video of the Month series. If you have any questions for us, or if you need immediate legal assistance, please contact us today.
As seen on media
Download our free resource today for practical tips that will make your contracts even stronger. Specifically, we cover five clauses that MUST be present in each contract – which could save you a significant amount of money and time in the event of a legal dispute.
This report provides general tips and insights regarding business contracts. If you are looking for specific legal assistance for your business and/or its contracts, please contact us today!